Re: ORA 12560

From: Nicolas Bronke <N.Bronke_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:40:05 +0200

> Not true.
> The BEQueath protocol doesn't work with Remote Desktop.
> As the problem only occurs with Remote Desktop, Oracle has no intent
> fixing it.
> As a workaround, you need to the SET LOCAL=<tns servicename> syntax,
> prior to starting sqlplus.
> This problem has existed for ages, and you are a long term Oracle
> user.
> How come you are not aware of it? Yet again didn't make any attempt to
> search Google or Metalink?

Because I was not confrontated with it! Fortunatly! And I did not use R+D before and had also no need to use it. Normally we are using full Terminal Server or Citrix.. Therefore I did not know that RD has such problems. We looked in Google and Metalink and found links but only the question and not the answer or an idea to an answer. Nevertheless perhaps we used the wrong key words.

Until now, we are not sure wether to use the workaround or looking for a better solution.

Thanks and regards
Nicolas Received on Fri Aug 26 2005 - 04:40:05 CDT