Re: ORA 12560

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:46:16 +0200

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 02:10:10 +0200, "Nicolas Bronke" <N.Bronke_at_web.de> wrote:

>> Still ... Remote Desktop has known problems as it is an emulation of a
>> connection: Not a real connection.
>>
>> Try connecting with SQL*Plus and see if you still get the error.
>
>I read carefully what you meant.
>I tried it before also with sql plus and the same error is coming.
>On my real installation I work with the terminal server (but of cause only
>the oracle-client software is installed there).
>So it seems, that cannot use R+D for my Test-Machine :-( for admistration
>
>Regards
>Nicolas

Not true.
The BEQueath protocol doesn't work with Remote Desktop. As the problem only occurs with Remote Desktop, Oracle has no intent fixing it.
As a workaround, you need to the SET LOCAL=<tns servicename> syntax, prior to starting sqlplus.
This problem has existed for ages, and you are a long term Oracle user.
How come you are not aware of it? Yet again didn't make any attempt to search Google or Metalink?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA