Re: users and schemas and who can use which

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:57:18 GMT

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:46:26 -0700, brightspot interested us by writing:

> Sybrand, sorry to be vague. Is there a system table in oracle that
> contains the users and the schemas they are allowed to access? For
> example, JoeUser can use (select, insert, delete, etc) schema1, schema2
> and schema3. MaryUser can use schema1 and schema4. I can get
> information about tables inside a schema, but I need this information
> about the schema itself.

The information you want is found in the Oracle Reference Manual at http://docs.oracle.com

I'd provide more specifics, but you really need to look through the ALL_xxx, DBA_xxx and USER_xxx views to understand what kind of information is available and how it wiull fit your needs.

However, step one is to realize that privs are granted per object, not per schema.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com