Re: Weird Query

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_arcor.de>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 16:19:09 +0200

DA Morgan schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:
>

>> You are probably right, i'm not so familiar with details of naming of
>> americans...
>> Regarding distinguishing of values which Oracle doesn't distinguish
>> itself , i think there is no way except introducing an additional
>> attribut.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Maxim

> Actually, given the multicultural status of the Americas you will find
> Americans with a number of middle names between 0 and 5 without too
> much trouble: I know an Oracle DBA at Cingular Wireless with 3.
>
> What to do ... what to do?

You see indeed a difference between your approach <snip>
The only solution is to have a single character string with values such as Y(es) or N(o) to indicate how the business rule is to be applied to the row.
</snip>

and mine ?
<snip>
Regarding distinguishing of values which Oracle doesn't distinguish itself , i think there is no way except introducing an additional attribut. </snip>

Best regards

Maxim Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 09:19:09 CDT