Re: Creating materialized view on remote database

From: HJ <ponsonby_88_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 May 2005 12:17:20 -0700

Well, I'm only creating it on the fly because I want to test out a concept to see if it's even feasible. So, no worries. I'm not wreaking havoc on the database. :)

I don't have any issues with the general concepts of materialized views but given our current connectivity configuation, we can't simply disallow 'create materialized view' privileges. I need to figure a way to push the materialized view to the remote database because of our connectivity configuration.

Anyway, I'm contacting Oracle to get the definitive word to see if it's even feasible to do this.

Thanks for your feedback,
-- HJ Received on Fri May 13 2005 - 14:17:20 CDT