Re: Creating materialized view on remote database

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 22:06:07 +0200

HJ wrote:
> Well, I'm only creating it on the fly because I want to test out a
> concept to see if it's even feasible. So, no worries. I'm not
> wreaking havoc on the database. :)

Wot? Me worry?

> I don't have any issues with the general concepts of materialized views
> but given our current connectivity configuation, we can't simply
> disallow 'create materialized view' privileges. I need to figure a way
> to push the materialized view to the remote database because of our
> connectivity configuration.

Don't understand that statement - you have (end) users creating materialized views? Or the end users have that privilege, and you can't revoke it?

Apart from that, if you can run across a dblink, you can open a session.

> Anyway, I'm contacting Oracle to get the definitive word to see if it's
> even feasible to do this.

Nope - you've seen the error message. I've seen the docco. Not going to happen, even if you were NSA.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel