Re: Why does my package loose owner privileges ?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:23:38 +0200

Keve Nagy wrote:
> Chet Justice wrote:
>

>> I meant to remove the AUTHID DEFINER line originally from:
>>
>>> CDJUSTICE_at_TESTING>CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE suid_test AUTHID DEFINER
>>
>> AS
>>
>> After removing it, it still works.
>>
>> chet
>>

> Hi Chet,
> That part was set up correctly and the user did have EXECUTE access to
> the package.
> However the ROLE thing that Frank mentioned has really scored. :-)
> First I didn't understand his point (we have to agree, his reply was
> quite brief!), but when I asked the DBAs to double-check how the FD user
> actually gets the ALTER SYSTEM privileges and it turned out that it is
> inherited through the FD_USER_ROLE role ...
>
> Frank and Chet,
> Thank you very much for pointing out the weak spot. Your replies were
> really helpful and are very much appreciated.
> Thank you!
>
> Keve

Thanks for the feedback.

The thread is a week old by now, and you did not ask "why?".

This problem occurs once every x days, so the answer to your solution, and the explanation, could have been found by searching the archives.

And having feedback, either positive or negative, will help those that do search the archives. So, thanks again.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel