Re: table containing the days for a week

From: <pobox002_at_bebub.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 05:34:36 -0700

Well it might have been helpful to clarify that this was suggestion for a version earlier than 9i.

While the subject mentions "a week", reading the actual question reveals that the OP needed 40 years of weekdays not seven days. Also the OP already had a solution based on a table with the number of days needed and was seeking an alternative which is what I provided.

Your alternative to my answer is simply where the OP started, with the exception that in my database it doesn't work, even for a week. And it is still more inefficient regardless of how many days involved, though in this case it is nearer to 15000 than 7.

--
MJB