Re: Why does my package loose owner privileges ?

From: Keve Nagy <no_spam_at_poliod.hu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:16:55 +0100

Chet Justice wrote:
> I meant to remove the AUTHID DEFINER line originally from:
>

>>CDJUSTICE_at_TESTING>CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE suid_test AUTHID DEFINER

> AS
>
> After removing it, it still works.
>
> chet

Hi Chet,
That part was set up correctly and the user did have EXECUTE access to the package.
However the ROLE thing that Frank mentioned has really scored. :-) First I didn't understand his point (we have to agree, his reply was quite brief!), but when I asked the DBAs to double-check how the FD user actually gets the ALTER SYSTEM privileges and it turned out that it is inherited through the FD_USER_ROLE role ...

Frank and Chet,
Thank you very much for pointing out the weak spot. Your replies were really helpful and are very much appreciated. Thank you!

Keve

--
If you need to reply directly:
keve(at)mail(dot)poliod(dot)hu