Re: Materialized view replication problem

From: Bing Wu <bing_at_biop.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:25:33 +0100

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> One other thought just popped:
>
> how did you define the database link? code snippet, please

That's my procedure on the rplication node:

ALTER SYSTEM SET GLOBAL_NAMES = TRUE; create public database link REMOTE_SITE.FQD using 'REMOTE_SITE'; create user repadmin identified by PASSWD

         default   tablespace USERS
         temporary tablespace TEMP
         quota unlimited on USERS;

execute dbms_defer_sys.register_propagator(username=>'REPADMIN'); grant execute any procedure to repadmin; execute dbms_repcat_admin.grant_admin_any_repgroup('REPADMIN'); grant lock any table to repadmin;
grant comment any table to repadmin;
grant create any materialized view to repadmin;

connect repadmin/PASSWD
create database link REMOTE_SITE.FQD

         connect to repadmin identified by PASSWD;

connect sys as sysdba
Then I create account "SCOTT" under this and use SCOTT create snapshot for replication:

connect SCOTT
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ... There is no prolem to do this with SCOTT and REPADMIN users:

select * from SCOTT.EMP_at_REMOTE_SITE;

Just the local auto refresh job seems suffering 'logon denied' problem.  From the log file of the remote listener, it seems using 'oracle' to make connection but I think this is default shell user I used for Oracle.

 >> (CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=THIS_SITE)(USER=oracle)))

ta,

Bing Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 14:25:33 CDT