Re: Materialized view replication problem

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:57:47 +0200

Bing Wu wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>

>> One other thought just popped:
>>
>> how did you define the database link? code snippet, please
>>

> That's my procedure on the rplication node:
>
> ALTER SYSTEM SET GLOBAL_NAMES = TRUE;
>
> create public database link REMOTE_SITE.FQD using 'REMOTE_SITE';
[snip]

> connect repadmin/PASSWD
> create database link REMOTE_SITE.FQD
> connect to repadmin identified by PASSWD;

Thought so... Bet it works OK if you use a public db link with password, e.g. as sys (or anyone with public db link creation rights) :

create public database link REMOTE_SITE.FQD using 'REMOTE_SITE' connect to repadmin identified by PASSWD;

Now - this may not be what you want (security concerns, and all that), but as you use a trusted model already...

I do have a working (wel... used to, 3 years ago) untrusted model demo, if you're interested. Needs some brushing up, I guess, so don't hold your breath.

I do notice some differences in grants to REPADMIN:

create user repadmin identified by repadmin default tablespace tools
temporary tablespace temp;

--
-- (3) grant privileges; two ways: direct and via package