Overhead for Local Modules

From: jdi <a_muthiah_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 12:46:41 -0700

Many articles have suggested using local procedures and functions when writing PL/SQL code. This helps in simplifying and modularizing code.  My questions is: what, if any, overhead is introduced by local procedures and functions? In other words, is there a performance decrease if I use local procs and functions as opposed to simply writing all my PL/SQL in the main BEGIN..END block? Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 14:46:41 CDT