Re: Insert with multiple subqueries question - Oracle9i

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 10:41:45 -0800

brent.depuy_at_gmail.com wrote:

: I am having an issue trying to insert into a table, but i'm not sure of
: the syntax or if it is even possible. I'm inserting into Table1, which
: has a composite PK of 3 values, all of these PK's are FK's to other
: tables shown below:

: Table1: Table2: Table3:
: value1 PK value1 PK value3 PK
: value2 PK value2 PK
: value3 PK
: value4
: value5

: Is it possible to do something like this:

: INSERT INTO Table1(value1,value2,value3) ((SELECT value1,value2 FROM
: table2),(SELECT value3 from Table3));

search keyword = "JOIN"

	select
		table2.value1,
		table2.value2,
		table3.value3
	from
		table2,
		Table3
	where
		table2.something = table3.something-related

--

This space not for rent.