Insert with multiple subqueries question - Oracle9i

From: <brent.depuy_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2005 09:38:00 -0700

I am having an issue trying to insert into a table, but i'm not sure of the syntax or if it is even possible. I'm inserting into Table1, which has a composite PK of 3 values, all of these PK's are FK's to other tables shown below:

Table1:         Table2:         Table3:
  value1 PK       value1 PK       value3 PK
  value2 PK       value2 PK

  value3 PK
  value4
  value5

Is it possible to do something like this:

INSERT INTO Table1(value1,value2,value3) ((SELECT value1,value2 FROM table2),(SELECT value3 from Table3));

Again i'm not sure if this is the correct syntax or if this is possible, if someone could enlighten me on if this is possible and if they know a way to accomplish this, that'd be wonderful.

Thanks in advance,
  Brent Received on Thu Apr 14 2005 - 11:38:00 CDT