Re: Tom Kyte Fan Club?

From: Oliver Kappel <ngreply_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:00:58 +0100

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> "Alan" <not.me_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:<30oprfF33jdm4U1_at_uni-berlin.de>...
>

>>"Oliver Kappel" <ngreply_at_gmx.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>Don't be silly!
>>>
>>>Tom Kyte is an acronyme and stands for Tease Oracle Maintainers and Keep
>>>Your Testifiers Excited!
>>>
>>>NO. Just kidding. I love what I saw on the asktom-site and never saw
>>>"he" was wrong for my personal problems and helps me a lot and saved
>>>much time. But IM(H)O I don't believe there is just one person behind
>>>this giant knowledge.
>>>
>>>Since this is my first posting to this group I have to appologize: I
>>>started with Access, went to M$ SQL-Server some years ago and now I'm
>>>satisfied to know working on a really, well featured RDBMS.
>>>
>>>Greetings,
>>>
>>>Oliver
>>>
>>>PS: Don't take me too serious :-) - this time

>>I've met Tom, and trust me, he is one person. He does have the technical
>>resources of the Oracle Corporation at his disposal, so, if he doesn't know
>>the answer to a question, he can call any number of people to find out. In
>>that sense, there is more than one person behind the answers.
>

> And I'm pretty careful to point out when I put up something that is
> not my original material.
>
> The answer will have something like:
>
> "I asked Sean Dillon our resident XML technologist..."
> "I asked Tyler Muth our resident HTMLDB expert ..."
> "I asked Joel Kallman, our resident Text expert..."
> "I asked <David Knox, Mark Piermarini, whomever....> "
> and they said.........
>

> So, unless the answer references a metalink note, or has the caveat
> that "I asked...", it did come from me.

Hello Mr. Thomas Kyte,

I beg your pardon for disclaiming your personal existence. There is just a thead on asktom I read some hours ago before signing in to this newsgroup that made me thought this way.

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:16053975815982710764::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:28806473220188,

Seeing you as a world travelling consultant while managing such a fantastic forum lets me salut you. Hope - and it seems so - you enjoy your work and get all your other prospects from life.

   Thanks,

   Oliver Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 16:00:58 CST