Re: Tom Kyte Fan Club?

From: Thomas Kyte <thomas.kyte_at_oracle.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2004 10:30:13 -0800

"Alan" <not.me_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:<30oprfF33jdm4U1_at_uni-berlin.de>...
> "Oliver Kappel" <ngreply_at_gmx.net> wrote in message
> > Don't be silly!
> >
> > Tom Kyte is an acronyme and stands for Tease Oracle Maintainers and Keep
> > Your Testifiers Excited!
> >
> > NO. Just kidding. I love what I saw on the asktom-site and never saw
> > "he" was wrong for my personal problems and helps me a lot and saved
> > much time. But IM(H)O I don't believe there is just one person behind
> > this giant knowledge.
> >
> > Since this is my first posting to this group I have to appologize: I
> > started with Access, went to M$ SQL-Server some years ago and now I'm
> > satisfied to know working on a really, well featured RDBMS.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Oliver
> >
> > PS: Don't take me too serious :-) - this time
> >
> > Funky Tuba wrote:
> > > So... is there an official (or unofficial) Tom Kyte Fan Club? Anyone
> > > interested?
> > >

> I've met Tom, and trust me, he is one person. He does have the technical
> resources of the Oracle Corporation at his disposal, so, if he doesn't know
> the answer to a question, he can call any number of people to find out. In
> that sense, there is more than one person behind the answers.

And I'm pretty careful to point out when I put up something that is not my original material.

The answer will have something like:

"I asked Sean Dillon our resident XML technologist..."
"I asked Tyler Muth our resident HTMLDB expert ..."
"I asked Joel Kallman, our resident Text expert..."
"I asked <David Knox, Mark Piermarini, whomever....> "
and they said.........

So, unless the answer references a metalink note, or has the caveat that "I asked...", it did come from me. Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 12:30:13 CST