Re: Tom Kyte Fan Club?

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:43:29 GMT

Oliver Kappel wrote:
> Thomas Kyte wrote:
>

>> "Alan" <not.me_at_rcn.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> "Oliver Kappel" <ngreply_at_gmx.net> wrote in message

[...]
> [...]

[...]
>> So, unless the answer references a metalink note, or has the caveat
>> that "I asked...", it did come from me.

> Seeing you as a world travelling consultant while managing such a
> fantastic forum lets me salut you. Hope - and it seems so - you enjoy
> your work and get all your other prospects from life.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Oliver

What I find amazing is that he is a "Vice President in the Oracle Government, Education, and Health group" or "Vice President of the Core Technologies Group" (not sure which came first). In my experience, corporate VP's spend most of their time at high level meetings, budget reviews, and almost anything else that isn't hands-on technical work, usually with responsibility for tens, hundreds, or thousands of employees.

Maybe it's different at Oracle... ;-)

-Mark Bole Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 18:43:29 CST