Forms 9/10 Without Application Server?

From: Rich May <rmay_at_museumoflondon.org.uk>
Date: 22 Nov 2004 02:58:36 -0800

Hi all, hope somebody can help me.

We're looking to finally make a long overdue upgrade. At present we're still using Developer/2000 - Forms 4.5 in a client/server environment and now want to drag ourseleves into the 21st century.

However as I understand it in order to use Forms 9i or 10g we also need to run Application Server.

We've been paying Oracle lots of money over the years for support on our database and developer licenses but now find that in order to actually use the software we have to pay an extra £10,000 for AS. As a charity this is simply not going to happen. Is there therefore any way to run Forms 9i or 10g forms with AS?

For the record we have one dedicated Oracle server (running 9.2.0.5.0) that we'll be using to do everything. Is it possible to use any of the basic web server tools that come with the database to run the forms?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Richard May
Network Manager
Museum of London Group Received on Mon Nov 22 2004 - 04:58:36 CST