Re: Howard Rogers

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 08:38:37 -0500

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:34:30 +0100, Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:

>Check the environment, please:
>
><H1>Not Found</H1>
>The requested URL /toc/0596009550_toc.pdf was not found on this server.
>Apache/1.3.31 Server at edocuments.oreilly.com Port 80
>
>I would *never* show that last line, personally, for security
>reasons...

Thanks Frank. I'll report that little flaw. Annoyingly, we've had some problems getting the kinks worked out of the catalog page. You'd think, given that we are always creating catalog pages for our books, that things like this would never happen, but go figure.

What link did you click on to get that message? I can't seem to repeate it today.

BTW, I don't really see that last line as a securiy risk. All it shows is a public URL on a public web server that is listening on the well-known port 80.

I'm off to report the error...

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick
Editor, O'Reilly Media
906.387.1698 mailto:jgennick_at_oreilly.com Received on Wed Nov 03 2004 - 07:38:37 CST