Re: connection manager

From: Craig Warman <crwarman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2004 04:33:34 -0800

Connection manager is essentially a proxy server for SQL Net connections, and is most often used to allow connectivity through a firewall. This is because SQL Net tends to randomly choose ports over which to communicate - and would thus require a plethora of firewall holes in order to operate successfully. Connection manager gets installed as part of the database networking infrastructure.

So here's a link to get you started:
  http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96580/cman.htm#488789

Hope this helps.

Craig