Re: suggestion needed...pls help

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 10:42:21 -0700

sumon2003_at_fastmail.fm (sumon) wrote in message news:<6e7210ed.0408250654.55367041_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> Thanx . I am not sure about the job role!!
> But within a week or two I will get the idea .
>
> Do you know what is the rank after junior DBO .
> I have heard that it is Junior application developer.
> Is it true ?
> From where I can know the hierarchical ranking
> that applied to a database job . I have searched
> Oracle website but donot found any information .
>
> Hope my question is clear to you.

These are really questions you should ask the company. In your interview, did they ask you one of the standard questions: where do you want to be in 5 years? How did you answer? Your answer must have fit their promotion policy.

It is not out of line to ask for information about future opportunities. You must realize they cannot promise specific promotions, but they should be able to say something about what it takes to get to the next level. What chances you have for getting to where you want to be.

The ranking is specific to your employer. Unless your potential employer is ORACLE, they have no say in this matter.

HTH,
  ed Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:42:21 CDT