Re: suggestion needed...pls help

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 10:23:43 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1093421241.648148_at_yasure>...
> sumon wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently complited B.Sc in CS.
> > I have offered a job named 'Junior DBO(database operator)'.
> >
> > I am really cofused ; should I accept the job .
> > As I am a B.Sc is it lower position to my education level ?
> >
> > I have idea about 'OCP'butI donot have idea about DBO & its
> > function.Is it a data entry job?
> >
> > Is there will be any future if I work as a junior DBO for 2.5 years .
> >
> > How the IT industry value this possition after 2.5 year?
> >
> > Please help me .
> >
> > I really want your advice .
> > Thank You.
>
> You would need to define the job responsibilities of the "DBO" and
> other information about the organization for anyone to help you.
>
> Might be a great opportunity ... might be one step above flipping burgers.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Besides the current job responsibilities as Daniel mentioned an important factor to consider is if taking the job will provide you with opportunities to compete for or move into other more advanced positions with the company as they become available.

Another consideration is how long can you go without taking a job? How many responses are you receiving in your job search? If the response rate is poor then remember that work experience counts. Even if the experience is not in the exact position you want it is still experience and you have to decide if you can affort to pass it by.

These decisions are never easy and only you can make it.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 12:23:43 CDT