Re: DBFlash for Oracle - looking for beta testers (modified post)

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:39:47 GMT

Ed prochak wrote:

>> I know it can be confusing, so I tried to be gentle in my comments.  IMO,
>> the cdo.marketplace should be changed to include the following:
>>
>> * software or hardware wanted or available for sale
>>  * announcements of new products
>>  (new)
>>
>> /Hans

> But the charter was only partially quoted. The paragraph above the
> list reads-
>
> Comp.databases.oracle.marketplace is a news group provided for
> commercially oriented topics of interest to people using Oracle
> software. This group includes but is not limited to articles covering
> the following topics:
>

> Notice the "includes but is not limited to" phrase. I really think it
> doesn't need amended since it says what you want to say already. The
> list is not exhaustive and was never intended to be so.
>
> If Charlie is willing to learn, then this is all for the good.
>
> Ed

He _has_ learned and duly apologized.

My statement is based on the apparent ambiguity of the charter and/or the inabilty of some people to understand. We have had *way* to much misinterpretation lately.

My belief is that avoidable misinterpretation will continue until we make the change, or at least provide a clarification in publically accesible forums such as orafaq.com (Deliberate misinterpretation, people who wish to demonstrate their ignorance and nutcases who grovel in raw egg will always be a problem as long as the internet provides anonymity.)

Time to kill this thread, or at least move it to cdo.misc?

/Hans Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:39:47 CDT