Cannot insert record error in form

From: Maria J <mjenson43_at_cambridgecollege.edu>
Date: 27 Jul 2004 20:23:59 -0700

I have a form that uses a query to access a view. I want to take 2 fields from that view and post them to a table that is not part of the data block. I have confirmed the variables I have chosen match the format of the table I need to update. Here's the code - I can do this as an anonymous block in SqLPlus but not in the PL/SQL code.

	If res=alert_button1 then

-- Insert information into Wish List Table
DECLARE cid number(10):=:customer_id; isbn varchar2(20):=:isbn_no; BEGIN INSERT into tbl_wish_list VALUES(cid,isbn); END; Else
-- Return to the search results screen
message('We have not added this book.'); message(' '); End If;

Is it because I am doing this via PL/SQL and not a package? I tried to create the package but have another type of error (I posted earlier) Received on Tue Jul 27 2004 - 22:23:59 CDT