Re: Cannot insert record error in form

From: Anon-o-mouse <Anonomouse_at_notmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:27:18 GMT

On 27 Jul 2004 20:23:59 -0700, mjenson43_at_cambridgecollege.edu (Maria J) wrote:

>I have a form that uses a query to access a view. I want to take 2
-- 8< SNIP >8 --
>Is it because I am doing this via PL/SQL and not a package? I tried
>to create the package but have another type of error (I posted
>earlier)

I hate to be pedantic but...
Was the exact error was FRM-40508 - Unable to insert record ?????????

The following error handling should show the db error ... (You can either just patch it into your module OR place it in the on-error trigger for the form. Note if you place it in the on-error trigger remove the exception & when others line)

DECLARE
-- place your declares here

    vFormErr NUMBER;
    vDBerrNo NUMBER;