HTTP Server / OC4J

From: Oradba Linux <techiey2k3_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:45:52 GMT

I have installed Oracle 9ir2 db software and also the http server . I have turned on http server using apachectl . The http server administrator's guide talks about using dcmctl . But i dont have dcmctl installed in my installation . Is it part of 9iAS not part of OHS that is bundled with the database software ?

Secondly , the http server administrator's guide talks about mod_oc4j turned on by default . I dont want to use jserv . I dont see a mod_oc4j.conf installed . Is this also part of 9iAS and not part of 9i database software ?

Thirdly , there is a oc4j software that is standalone . Can i install it with my existing 9ir2 db software and will be able to deploy servlets ? This is purely for learning and testing purposes . Does oc4j software need mod_oc4j to communicate to the Apache layer ? Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 17:45:52 CDT