Re: HTTP Server / OC4J

From: anacedent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:10:32 -0700

See answers inline below.

Oradba Linux wrote:
> I have installed Oracle 9ir2 db software and also the http server . I have
> turned on http server using apachectl . The http server
> administrator's guide talks about using dcmctl . But i dont have dcmctl
> installed in my installation . Is it part of 9iAS not part
> of OHS that is bundled with the database software ?

dcmctl comes with 9iAS R2.
(FWIW - with 9iAS R2 apachectl has been disabled & can NOT be used to statr or stop Apache).
I've never seen it bundled with the DB product.

> Secondly , the http server administrator's guide talks about mod_oc4j turned
> on by default . I dont want to use jserv . I dont see a mod_oc4j.conf
> installed . Is this also part of 9iAS and not part of 9i database software ?

OC4J => Oracle Container For (4) Java
OC4J is a component of 9iAS R2 and NOT part of the DB product.

> Thirdly , there is a oc4j software that is standalone . Can i install it
> with my existing 9ir2 db software and will be able to deploy servlets ? This
> is purely for learning and testing purposes . Does oc4j software need
> mod_oc4j to communicate to the Apache layer ?

Kind of.

client <---> Apache <----> mod_oc4j <---> oc4j

V9.0.3 is a J2EE (only) version of 9iAS R2 (no Forms, Reports, Portal, etc.) Received on Fri Jun 11 2004 - 20:10:32 CDT