Re: Certification on 9i .

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 22:53:11 -0700

Rich Sias wrote:

> I have seen several messages along these lines. I DO have 9+ years
> experience with an obscure database. Many of these skills are useful in any
> database setting. I'm looking to getting a "crash" education so that I can
> drop in a "5 years" experience slot and not embarass myself to much. I did
> a little work with Oracle 5 and none since. Alot has changed I am sure
> since we are now up to 10g. I was just over on the oracle site and found:
> 1. self - study CDs, 2. certification exams (OCP?) and 3. Online Library of
> 400 courses.

I still recommend you forget the whole thing. But since you obviously aren't interested in such advice ... I suggest you make sure you understand the following:

  1. How the multiversion concurrency model works?
  2. How to join tables in both ANSI and ISO syntax
  3. How to find all of the column names belonging to a table in a different schema to which you have the UPDATE privilege

And that you can solve the following on a whiteboard:

Assuming two tables with identical structure. Write a single SQL statement that will determine all of the rows in the first table that are not in the second and all of the rows in the second that are not in the first. The result set should identify the table that was the source of each row identified.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu