Re: Oracle 8i personal edition install problem, please help, urgent

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 18:12:45 +1000

"Kirti" <kirti_times_at_indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:159b01f2.0404012252.2244b3ee_at_posting.google.com...
> HI,
>
> I run Win2K. Having
> downloaded nt817personal.zip and expanded the file, I am ready to
> click "setup.exe". When I do, the hourglass icon appears for several
> seconds and then disappears. No setup screeen; nothing. What has
> happened? Is there a log I can view to determine the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Kirti

Pentium IV bug. See google for details, searching on those words (well, and "Oracle" as well).

Fixed by copying everything to disk, and renaming all occurences of symcjit.dll to symcjit.dll.old (or just deleting them).

Regards
HJR

Dizwell Informatics: http://www.dizwell.com
  -A mine of useful Oracle information-