9.2, reducing datafile size after tables purge ?

From: Patrox <_at_in->
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:19:46 +0200

Hi !

I recently emptied 2/3rd of tables located in a locally managed tablespace in 9.2. If I check status of how it it full, it shows full at 25-30%.
But datafiles are using 27 Gigs while now 2/3rd empty. If I issue alter datafile ... resize 3G for example I got an error "can't resize as there is data beyond new size" while the datafile is mostly empty.
A simple solution would be to exp data, drop/recrete tables empty, reducing tablespace, import back data.
BUT, it is a 24x7 system, so I can't do that. Is there a way to regain that space while application is up and running, without imparing it and blocking tablespace ?

thanks ! Received on Fri Apr 02 2004 - 02:19:46 CST