Re: SQLPlus in local PC having DSL internet connection

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:40:31 +0100

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:26:10 +0200, "Pete" <jik_at_jaja@com> wrote:

>> In both listener.ora and tnsnames.ora obviously
>Do you mean defining localhost in these files?
>
>- Pete
>MCSE, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD
I mean that when you configure your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora (preferably using the Net Configuration assistant) you should specify either localhost or your computer's name when asked for a host. If you edit listener.ora and tnsnames.ora directly you will see a (host=<....>) in the connect descriptor. You need to replace the <...> by your computer's name, or localhost.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA