using timestamp in triggers

From: Asya Kamsky <asya_at_bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:47:34 -0000

Now that I got my dumb syntax error out of my triggers they are working fine except for variables of type timestamp.

I have a table t1 (ts timestamp(6)) and t2 (ts timestamp) and what I want to do in a trigger is essencially

on update or insert into t1

   INSERT into t2 VALUES (:new.ts);

Except the value seems to fluxuate in the low (milli-second) digits. I assume that this is similar to the restriction that you can't access LONG datatype in triggers with :new or :old.

What I'm not sure of is what's the workaround?

--
Asya Kamsky

In our society, you can state your views, but they have to be correct.
           ---  Ernie Hai, coordinator Singapore Gov't Internet Project