dense_rank error, help needed

From: KM <kevan.meltzer_at_ubs.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2004 14:26:34 -0800

I've tried searching and found nothing, so I end up here. I'll post the code and the error message.

First my situation is that I am running Embarcadero db Artisan 5.1. The code when executed from the workspace works fine, results come back great.

When I put this on the server and try to run the sql on the unix box, I get an error.

I learned about the "check syntax" icon on the artisian and I get the error below. Why does this work when I run it from the workspace and return a complete result set, but throughs a syntax error and again fails on the unix side?

Thanks for all help in advance.

here is the code: (sorry if the column names are cryptic, had to mask the true data)

SELECT PRD,

       N_I,
       NME_X,
       A_I,
       '1' AS TG_N,
       DENSE_RANK() OVER (PARTITION BY '1' ORDER BY SUM(NEW_Y + TOT_Y)
DESC ) "RANK_N",
              E_X,
              D_D,
              ME_X,
              NME_X,
              AC_X,
              SUM(NEW_Y + TOT_Y) AS AST_Y,
              SUM(ACC_Z) AS W_ACC_Z
         FROM table__FA
        WHERE RT_X IN ('RS','RAP','AS','SEL','MULTI','LAA')
        GROUP BY PRD,
              PRD,
              N_I,
              NME_X,
              A_I,
              E_X,
              D_D,
              ME_X,
              NME_X,
              AC_X,
       HAVING SUM(ACC_Z) >= '5';

error when doing 'syntax check':

UNRECOGNIZED CONSTRUCT (or PL/SQL syntax error) (...code extract...)
605 expecting INTO BULK FROM

thanks again for all help! Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:26:34 CST