Re: Junior Oracle DBA duties

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:14:03 GMT

Dave Anderson wrote:
> Greetings, i am a developer for a medium size business that is
> expanding. I really love what I am doing, however the company I work
> for has asked that I consider becomming a junior DBA and has offered
> paid training. Can someone please tell me what are the general duties
> of a junior Oracle DBA so that I can make an informed decision? What
> are the normal everyday tasks?

Only you and your organization could know what the definition of 'Junior DBA' might be. Anything we could offer where would be speculation.

However, as a guideline: The documentation for each version of Oracle includes a book called 'Database Administrator's Guide' or just 'Administrator's Guide'. Chapter 1 provides a handy discussion of the various roles and responsibilities of individuals, including DBA.

The documentation is available online at http://docs.oracle.com

HTH
/Hans Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:14:03 CST