Re: installing and running oracle 9 across 2 machines

From: Data Goob <datagoob_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 22:07:37 -0500

If you really wanted to think outside the box, use a different database engine. I'm not sure Oracle will even run on the hardware you are suggesting.

:-)

You can install DB2 on the laptop on Windows or Linux AND the other machine, with a very small footprint on each one, and control both from the laptop. DB2 takes a fraction of the overhead that Oracle requires all the way around--smaller amount of software, less resources, and incredibly easy to use. But of course I know you want Oracle, so back inside the box!

-DG-