Re: Deploying 11i and 10g in a grid environment

From: Equis Uno <ir4u4_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2004 19:40:52 -0800

I differ,

For example, how you distribute APPL_TOP is independent of the database version.

Also, I'm interested in hearing from people who have wrestled with this set of problems.

Just assume the database is 9i instead of 10g.

Look at it this way, assume you are an APPS DBA and your forms server catches fire. How do you architect the deployment (before the fire) so that the end-users notice no service interruption.

I imagine that a deployment which protects you from this type of disaster is mostly independent of the database version.

Do we have any APPS DBAs out there?

-moi