Re: Deploying 11i and 10g in a grid environment

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:27:01 -0800

Equis Uno wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please respond to
> comp.databases.oracle.misc
>
> This is cross posted to c.d.o.s since some of the questions relate to
> the server.
>

> I'm curious about the challenges a DBA faces when deploying 11i in a
> grid environment.
>
> Once I get a proper mental handle on what the challenges are,
> I'd obviously like to find some solutions.
>
> So, assume I have 10 nodes running Linux and that I have the latest
> version
> of 11i and 10g.
>
> Lets assume I decide on this physical deployment:
>
> DB Tier:
> 3 linux nodes running 10g RAC
>
> Apps Tier:
> 7 linux nodes running 11i
>
> Question 0:
> How sensitive is 11i (11.5.9) to the version of the underlying
> database?
> Will it run fine on 8i, 9i, 10g?

It is going to be a minimum of one year before any version of Oracle Apps is certified to 10g so any answer to this or any other question you have aksed is meaningless. How sensitive to something that does not yet exist? How can anyone know?

I think the hardest thing for you is likely to be patience. ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu