Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released - now OT if not originally

From: Ed Avis <ed_at_membled.com>
Date: 29 Feb 2004 11:03:04 +0000

[you snipped the rest of my sentence - what I said was:]

>Yes - but I feel it is unnecessarily harsh for those who are not
>selling a product, people writing a program which really is free
>without any quotation marks, to be forced to go there too.

[you then replied:]

>Please explain what is harsh about asking people to post things
>about tools at c.d.o.tools rather than c.d.o.server.

This is quite reasonable, the tools group is for discussion about tools.

>What is harsh about asking people to post things about server
>configuration at c.d.o.server rather than c.d.o.miscellaneous.

Again, fair enough, the .server group is for server configuration.

>And for the love of ... asking people with something to promote to do
>it at c.d.o.marketplace?

This is not the same in this case; the .marketplace group is explicitly for 'commercially oriented' articles, and says so in its charter which I quoted at the start of this discussion.

If you had bothered to reply to what I actually said, rather than taking just the first eight words, you would have seen that I am talking about non-commercial announcements - such as the one that started this discussion. If you believe that such announcements are banned on .misc and belong on .marketplace, please quote the relevant parts of the charters to support your case.

>Surely you don't believe that one extra mouse-click is worth all of
>this angst. But if you do ... lets take this entire discussion
>off-line so as not to disturb others.

OK, I will reply to your other articles privately.

--
Ed Avis <ed_at_membled.com>