Question about origin fieldname and tablename

From: Jürgen Bauer <jb_at_bauer-software.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:47:33 +0100

Hello, all together,

we are planning to port our application which is written in Delphi to Oracle. Our program supports currently MSSQL via ADO and INTERBASE natively. We took a look at Oracles ADO driver. But the performance is to weak. So we looked at some other products which talk directly via OCI with the Oracle database.
Unfortunately, these products offer no information about the origin fieldname and tablename.
When we select a dataset with the following statement:

SELECT a.NAME as SORTNAME, c.*
FROM ADRESSES AS a, CONTACTS AS c
WHERE a.ID = c.MASTERID

we need to know the original fieldname "NAME" of the field "SORTNAME" and we need to know the corresponding tablenames to the fields. The ADO driver gives these properties via "BASETABLENAME" and "BASEFIELDNAME". So there must a be solution to obtain these values via a OCI call.

Can somebody give us a tip?

Thanks very much for your time.

Greetings,
Jürgen Bauer
BauerSoftware, Germany Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 03:47:33 CST