Re: Avoiding any locks in SQL Servers - read and understand....its magic.

From: Andrey <adm_at_mlm.ru>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:34:05 +0300

> > An integrity advantage for MySQL over Oracle. Shows that
> > preconceptions can be wrong :-).
>
> If I understand the MYSQL behaviour description correctly, it's hardly an
> advantage because, in fact, all the transactions become SERIAL being
> queued on the single resource. The same behaviour is easily achievable in
> Oracle by each transaction's locking the entire table for write access. I
> doubt many customers would like to sacrifice concurrency in this manner.

Dear VC! Though Oracle release slogan "Oracle is database for internet", real nature of internet-transactions are short-and-fast, and not long-and-concurrent. So, serialization in "internet database" can not harm more that Perl script, most execution time of which consists of files locks releases wait.