Record order in SELECT .. IN ( , , , ) queries

From: Kurta <submit_at_galleus.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2004 01:51:01 -0800

When I start a SELECT IN query like this:

SELECT USR_ID, USR_NAME FROM T_USR WHERE USR_ID IN (4, 2, 5, 1, 3); Is there a guaranteed result record order? I tried these queries and (using Oracle 9i) it always returned the results in reverse order (not the phisical order):

USR_ID USR_NAME

3                a
1                a
5                a
2                a
4                a

Can I assume that this order is always the same? Is there a technical documentation about this?

Thanks,

Kurta Received on Mon Jan 26 2004 - 03:51:01 CST