Re: NEWBIE: converting MSSQL to oracle

From: VC <boston103_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:27:37 GMT

Hello,

Why not just use a reference cursor ??? Seems much simpler ...

CREATE OR REPLACE package my_pkg as
  type myCursor is ref cursor;
  function p1(BeginDate IN Date, EndDate IN Date) return myCursor; end;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE package body my_pkg as

function p1(BeginDate IN Date, EndDate IN Date) return myCursor  as
 l_cursor myCursor;
 begin
   open l_cursor for 'Select * from t1 where myDate between :BeginDate and :EndDate' using BeginDate, EndDate;

   return l_cursor;
 end;

end;
/

... and in sqlplus:

variable x refcursor;
exec :x := my_pkg.p1(to_date('1-Aug-03', 'dd-mon-yy'), To_Date('28-Aug-03', 'dd-mon-yy')) ;
print x

Rgds.

VC