Re: "We don't do triggers"

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:35:30 -0000

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com says...

> > I worked for a large company that did this - their product ran perfectly
> > on Oracle and MS SQL Server (and I am talking millions for an install
> > and maintainance contract), but the db had not an SP or trigger in
> > sight.

> Apparently stupidity still sells and there are still people like you
> who subscribe to those 'I was developed in a bike shed' policies.

Here, listen, get lost with the "you" business, will you?

I didn't run the company, and I probably would have decided to tell the developers to put as much logic on to the db servers as was possible.

I was merely describing what happened in *_a_* company that I worked for, not the way I would like things done - I appreciate that English isn't your first language, but making unwarranted assumptions about me - I no like!!!!!

> I don't want to be in the shoes of the companies who have suffered
> from your approach. One can only hope they'll know to find you when it
> boils down to legal action.

Heh, heh, heh... Firstly, I again object to the "you(r)" business!

I agree with what you are saying to a large extent, and I have kind of lurked around here for a bit, and I think that most of the stuff that you write is quite good, but please don't make the *_FALSE_* (screaming) illogical leap that describing what was happening in a company where I worked was necessarily what I thought should happen.

As for legal action, maybe I should take you to court for misrepresenting me? 8-)

Paul...

--

plinehan  x__AT__x  yahoo  x__DOT__x  com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04 W2K Pro

Please do not top-post.