Re: Oracle software downloads

From: Guido Konsolke <GK_at_oblivion.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:35:48 +0100

Hi Sam,
comments embedded...

"Sam" wrote...
> ======================================
> Hi all,
>
> I need an evaluation copy of Oracle9i Database just for training.
Can
> I use those product downloads which are provided on Oracle web site?

Of course, what else could be the matter for their existence ;-)

> I couldn't find enough info on:
> 1- Should I apply for license or activation code after installation?

No, not necessary. But you have to register yourself before you are allowed to download the packages. It's free and they don't spam you.

> 2- Is there any time limit for using those downloads just for
> learning?

Yes, it's limited to 24 hours a day ;-) And you will need that time. More serious: the software isn't restricted to a certain time span. (Please excuse the probably wrong english)

> The downloads are too huge for doing trial and error. You comment
can
> save me time and bandwidth.

(snip)

About wasting bandwith: I believe you could've found the answers in the
license agreement on OTN. It took me about 6 seconds. No. Really. ;-)

> I appreciate any comment.
>
> Thanks
> Sam

hth a bit,
Guido Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 03:35:48 CST