Re: B.I. Tools

From: Guido Konsolke <GK_at_oblivion.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:19:43 +0100

"Peter Morris" wrote...

> Thanks, now we're getting somewhere.
>
> I've done some work writing reports, for example analysis of
traffic on a
> website, analysis of the database revealed that 21% of visitors to
this
> page
> on the website gave their salary as £25K-£35K and stayed for an
average
> 3 min 32 secs, and so on. L:ots of other information, total this and
average
> that, etcetera. The execs could use this information to analyse
which are
> the
> most successful pages on the site,and sell advertising space, etc.
>
> This was implemented through stored procedures and SQL.
>
> Do B.I. tools do any more than this? (I presume there must be more
> to it)

Hi Peter,

BI tools give easier opportunities to shuffle data around. By this you can
extract new informations. In traditional report writers it is more difficult
to drill down etc. Most of them allow gathering data from different sources
easily and put them together (Oracle, Excel, flat file).

hth,
Guido Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 02:19:43 CST