Re: how create query that automatically runs every 30 minutes and write time and result to the file

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 13:43:45 -0800

Mike wrote:

> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<u7oatvo074m1a21g5muhqqucf10e60lf1i_at_4ax.com>...
>

>>On 8 Dec 2003 20:13:46 -0800, mikepiter_at_yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:
>>

>>>My dear very wise Senior Oracle DBA. Could you please go to message 1
>>>in this
>>>thread and read very very carefully this above-mentioned message 1. If
>>>you will
>>>be patient enough to do this, than maybe you will find out that
>>>command SPOOL
>>>and command at are already there.
>>
>>I just did so. I don't see any mention of the at command.
>>By trying to lying yourself out of this it is now quite clear, you
>>either don't want to solve this problem yourself or you are just too
>>stupid for it. Maybe Oracle is not for you. This group is *definitely*
>>not, as it expects posters are at least willing to do *some* effort to
>>resolve their own problem, when provided with appropiate hints.
>>You obviously don't want to do *any* effort.

> Dear Senior Oracle DBA!
> I am glad that finally you read message 1. But you are still not
> accurate.
> I asked you not just to read but read it carefully. If you do so then
> you notice the at command. Although you are definitely making progress
> in finding spool command. Here is a hint: go to message1 in this
> thread and find
> line 11 starting from Hi as line 1. If you follow these directions
> then you find the command at between commands SPOOL and SPOOL OF. If
> you don't, then we have a problem here more serious than my question.
>
> Thanks. Mike

I've stayed out of this thread Mike because it seems to have a high potential for degenerating into junk. But I really suggest that you follow Sybrand's advice. You may find him irritating but if you'd stop fighting him you might find he actually knows of what he speaks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu