Re: how create query that automatically runs every 30 minutes and write time and result to the file

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:28:05 -0800

Mike wrote:

> Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<ii38tvoalqtbia83thvruh7kppienuqggp_at_4ax.com>...
>

>>On 7 Dec 2003 18:46:03 -0800, mikepiter_at_yahoo.com (Mike) wrote:
>>

>>>Can you give me the example?
>>
>>You can do that yourself with a litttle bit of effort yourself.
>>This group is about learning people to fish, not to do their fishing.

> From my learning efforts, it looks like DBMS_JOB runs on the server
> when initiated. If you were careful enough reading my question rather
> than exercising yourself in fishing, I don't have to run it on the
> server.
> Server should receive the select statement, send back the data to the
> client, and then the same should be repeated after 30 minutes.
>
> Thanks. Mike.

Sybrand appears to have accurately read your posting. It is you that, perhaps, should more carefully read his.

What you are asking makes no sense. Send data to a client every 30 minutes? Why? Whose going to sit there 7x24 watching a monitor to see something flash by? That is not how database apps are written or work.

If that is, however, your requirement you need to explain a lot more of what it is you are doing.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu