Re: Creating a table

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:50:59 -0500

don't use the doubled-quotes -- these tell oracle to use the quoted string literally as an object (column) name, and not check for standard naming conventions

if you check the data dictionary (or do a describe or look at the column listing in TOAD) you will see the columns are created with non-standard lower-case names

when you issue SELECT refer ... you've not told Oracle to treat the column name specially, so it is looking for a column with named REFER (upper case, standard naming convention)

in your case, you SQL will always need to quote the column names, i.e. SELECT "refer" ... -- best solution is to recreate your table without using double-quoted column names