Re: Oracle Applications - can I get it? :-(

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:28:07 -0700

Piotr Czapiewski wrote:

>Hello everybody
>
>I'm a software-engineering student and I'm supposed to get familiar with
>Oracle Financials (Oracle Activity-Based Management especially). I'm a bit
>confused after searching through Oracle web site. Is it possible to get it
>for free for educational purposes? If so, what exactly should I download to
>get it working? I'll really apprieciate any help.
>
>Regards
>
>Piotr Czapiewski

Free? Don't know. You can certainly purchase the Demo CD Pack for around $50 US from http://store.oracle.com

When you say "suppoesd to" exactly who made that determination? You or your instructor?

If you really think this is something you can just install and get familiar with like it was Excel or PowerPoint you belong in the School of Medicine ... as a patient. It just isn't going to happen. You are talking about a huge
application that requires very substantial resources for hardware and configuration as well as years of training.

If you made the decision ... change your mind and choose a realistic objective. If your instructor ... find another instructor.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu