Re: Student Looking for 9iR2 Personal Edition

From: makbo <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:48:52 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

>> [...]
>
>>> In case you haven't noticed ... 9i is on the verge of being obsolete.

Sorry, I took some guesses at what you meant by "obsolete". Let me ask, then: can you elaborate on your phrase "the verge of being obsolete".

For example, I have heard that Advanced Replication, while fully supported, is considered dead from Oracle's viewpoint, in favor of streams-based replication (in 9i). So by my definition, this feature is on the verge of being obsolete.

Having just upgraded my company's DB's to 9i earlier this year, is there a compelling reason (obsolescence or otherwise) why I'd want to try to sell management on an upgrade to 10g (or whatever it is that is making 9i on the verge...) in the next twelve months?

Thanx, Mark Bole Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 18:48:52 CDT